Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lightning Queen Cake

The little benjamin of our grandchildren, Ryan, had his 3rd birthday Saturday. His Dad had organised a private pool party and everybody enjoyed it.
I was asked as usual, to bake the cake and made the Lightning Queen (Cars). I used the Frozen Butter Cream Transfer again as I did with the Iron Man cake last year. Only I added cream cheese to the butter cream this time. This freezes and thawes well also, without the colors bleeding.
For the cake I used a carrot/banana cake recipe.
The cake was gone in a minute.

I really like this FBCT technique. It's easy but time consuming though.
My daughter likes to try out different cake recipes and she made two cakes as well:
a chocolate brownie cake:
and a lemon cake:
And then it was time to blow the candles
Mommy cuts the cake:
And I'm the first one to eat my piece
Then it was time to swim

The carrot cake recipe can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. very clever Geke doing those icing transfers I'd say. Looks like another very successful party!

    ReplyDelete