Monday, July 21, 2014

Owen's Birthday Cake

Time to show a birthday cake for a change. It was Owen's 8th birthday Tuesday but we celebrated it Saturday. It was a very hot day: 35º C (95º F) when I was in the kitchen making the cake that morning. No airco in the house but with the fan next to me it was comfortable to work. I had baked the (carrot)cake the day before and had frosted the layers and outside already so it was the decoration what had to be done yet. It was too warm to decorate the cake with a butter/cream cheese frosting, which I always do. It would have been too soft. I used marzipan instead. I had never made a cake with this so why not give it a try. For boys, a super hero cake is always a winner.  I made a mix of three super heroes. 
I was satisfied with the result.


Owen cutting the cake....
...while everybody is watching.

1 comment:

  1. well done Geke considering how hot the weather might be when baking and decorating etc. I'm sure Owen LOVED it to bits and all sharing it too. Did you manage to sneak a little slice for yourself I wonder? Carole, at snaphappyonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete